The EconoBlok® is made of waste paper/cardboard diverted from landfills. It’s a lightweight load-bearing block with high thermal and acoustics performances. It has an appearance of a standard concrete block, however its usual behaviour is that of wood. The advantages are:
Made with up to 85% of recovered waste product, mostly waste paper and cardboard.
Increases thermal performance up to 1/3 of any other block in the market.
No need to re-train workforce, well known technology.
Strong pulling strength, behave like timber and any type of cladding can be used on an EconoBlok® wall. No need for special glues, or plugs (see testing video page).
Does not need PVA coating before rendering, a splash of waste is sufficient. Strong grip on render up to 20mm without showing signs of cracking.
The blocks accept any render or mortar available in the market like any other block.
The block could reduce up to 89% of the embedded CO2 emissions
The product is currently in the process to achieve Product Certification from LABC/NHBC.
All the tests have being performed at UKAS register testing houses.
- Dimensions: 440 x 215 x 100 mm
- Weight: 12.5 kg- Laid weight: 110 Kg/m2
- Dry Density: 1100 Kg/m3
- Strength: 4.9N/mm2
- Moisture movement: 0.27 mm/m (expansion)
- Thermal Conductivity ʎ (design): 0.15 W/mK (protected blocks)
- Reaction to fire: B-s1, d0 (suitable for Timber)
- Sound Reduction Fair faced: 46dB (single leaf-block naked)
- Durability (Freeze and thaw) F2 (withstand severe weather conditions) suitable for External walls