The EconoBlok® is made of waste paper/cardboard diverted from landfills. It’s a lightweight load-bearing block with high thermal performance and acoustic properties. It has an appearance of a standard concrete block, however its usual behaviour is that of wood. The advantages are:
- Made with up to 85% of recovered waste product, mostly waste paper and cardboard.
- Increases thermal performance up to 1/3 of any other block in the market.
- No need to re-train workforce, as it incorporates the use of well known technology.
- Strong pulling strength, behave like timber and any type of cladding can be used on an EconoBlok® wall. No need for special glues, or plugs (see testing video page).
- Does not need PVA coating before rendering; a splash of waste is sufficient. Strong grip on render, up to 20mm, without showing signs of cracking.
- The blocks accept any render or mortar available in the market like any other block.
The block could reduce up to 89% of the embedded CO2 emissions.
The product is currently in the process of achieving Product Certification from LABC/NHBC.
All the tests have been performed at UKAS registered testing houses.
- Dimensions: 440 x 215 x 100 mm
- Weight: 12.5 kg- Laid weight: 110 Kg/m2
- Dry density: 1100 Kg/m3
- Strength: 5N/mm2
- Moisture movement: 0.27 mm/m (expansion)
- Thermal conductivity ʎ (design): 0.15 W/mK (protected blocks)
- Reaction to fire: B-s1, d0 (suitable for Timber)
- Sound reduction fair faced: 46dB (single leaf-block naked)
- Durability (Freeze and thaw) F2 (withstand severe weather conditions)